30 October 2008

the Big 2-2!

yesterday I celebrated my 22nd birthday in the great city of DC! I was a little emotional being away from my family and our tradional birthday activites, but my day was lovely.

work was a little hectic. we had our annual visit from the DC public school auditors for "Count Day." on this day, auditors check to verify if the number of students in our classrooms match up with the actual number of students participating in the program. this report in turn provides our program with scholarship for our annual operating budget. a very big deal! we offered breakfast snacks in the morning to entice students to come early, gave away new children's jackets and adult gloves and hats. we basically bribed our students to be present for this count! as a result, no one was missing from my morning and afternoon class! with all of that tension though, I wasn't thinking about my birthday!

No comments: