23 August 2008

preschool teachers are very artsy

yesterday was my first day on the job! I will be serving at Mary's Center as an early childhood preschool teacher for bilingual students. I will be assisting a great teacher named Lorena who has worked at Mary's Center with 2.5-4 years old for a while. we spent an entire day getting the classroom ready for school to start on Wednesday. preschool classrooms are colorful! there is not only dull spot on the walls! there are huge spots of color and patterns in every section of the classroom, making my eyeballs at first freak out wondering where I should focus! not only will a colorful classroom fill my time at Mary's Center, I learned that preschool teachers do a lot of art projects. Lorena gave me several jobs to create new games for kids to work on learning shapes, colors, and patterns. I spent a whole hour cutting out circles of different colors, gluing them on to bottle caps. a whole hour! I am greatly looking forward to meeting the students and learning how a typical day feels. from the first day, I believe I will have a great time teaching at Mary's Center.

*update*
I really miss having two family doctors within a half a mile away from me. I woke up this morning with 19 bug bites on my left leg! itchy! I have no idea where they came from! I am spending my morning washing my sheets and deep cleaning my room, hoping that will help. say a prayer for my leggies.

No comments: