30 May 2008

FOOD!!!

I love food and I have greatly enjoyed the food in Israel. there has been a great mix of styles, mostly Arabic. I have appreciated humus with each dinner! so good!
at our hotel, meals have been presented buffet style and I have sampled a variety of choices.[I was raised to eat a bite of everything on one's plate. Mom would be proud.] here is the restaurant of the Gloria Hotel.

Photobucket

the fish has been incredibly buttery and delicious. and of course the usual olive bowl with yummy green and black olives. even olives offered at breakfast!
dinner usually consists of several bowls of cold items, usually salads, fresh vegetables, and olives.

Photobucket

apart of the hot items, there is usually rice, pasta, a hot vegetable, and a couple different meal dishes.

Photobucket

dessert is tasty! accompanying the fresh fruit option, there is always dessert! I have sampled baklava, great baked goods, coffee ice cream, and so much more! best ending of a full meal!

Photobucket

and TONS of pita and humus! most lunches I have eaten humus and will greatly miss the fresh stuff when I get back to the states. I am wanting to learn how to make pita bread at home because fresh, doughy pita is wonderful!

No comments: