18 May 2008

one week down, two to go!
tomorrow we head out for three days of travel in the land. I will not be able to post probably until Thursday. we will be traveling to the south, visiting Negev. moving north-east, we will visit the Dead Sea; maybe even take a dip! we will also be nomads in a sense; moving around to two youth hostels! we are always going to be taking some great hikes. hopefully I have have more pictures than sunburns at the end of the week! thank God for sunscreen!
I am learning a lot in the land. we had our first exam today. so many of my previous thoughts of the Holy Land are being turned upside down! I am realizing that my Bible education has not been as intense as it should have been. and as a result, my brain is hurting with information overload! however, I am having a great time and will definitely come back with wonderful stories and pictures of this challenging, yet rewarding time.
thank you for the prayers. I have felt very safe during our day trips. my body has let me know when I need some down time and I am grateful for that instinct! and know that all of you are in my prayers as well. I miss home and am looking forward to sharing my trip with you!

2 comments:

MathMan (like IronMan only Nerdier) said...

Hey wow! I am happy you are there and having your world expanded a little. Isn't it nice to find out that despite the fact your world could expand, God was already there before you knew you needed to live in an expanded world?

Keep walking, but get some rest too. Say hi to everyone there.
Blessings on you all!

Unknown said...

cant wait to hear about it!
san diego is wonderful!
but thinking of you as i learn about the people of Isreal in the Old Testament, and our extended involvement as God's people in the present!