15 May 2008

*News Flash*

The President of the United States is in Jerusalem! I find it humorous that the closest I've come to the President I had to achieve it by traveling outside of my home country to the other side of the world! and guess what? he's staying right around the corner from our hotel! crazy! the King David Hotel, where the President is staying, is on the other side of the Hinnom Valley from our hotel.

Photobucket

I should clarify. valleys in this land are much smaller than our Central Valley. reading the Bible and stumbling upon a valley in the text, I previously assumed the land was like my valley: large, flat, surround by tall mountain ranges. the valleys here are more narrow, with steep sides coming down to a point. usually houses cover the sides, built in a "step" fashion, one on top of the other. very different from the spacious Central Valley!

No comments: